With a month or so to go until its release, the Achievements list for Fallout: New Vegas was bound to be spoiled early. And now it has. Everyone toss your poker chips into the air and give a shout of joy! Well…mild joy. Alas, the Achievements are rather uninspired. They follow the same format, more or less, as Fallout 3, with a chunk given for completing quests, another for reaching specific levels (though this time without karma), and others for doing X a number of times. The toughest-looking Achievement is probably Hardcore, which demands you play the game from start to finish on hardcore difficulty. Everything else should just come naturally with time and persistence. I’m guessing snowglobes are the new bobbleheads. And sadly, there’s no random Achievements like Fallout 3‘s Pyschotic Prankster (10G; Placed a grenade or mine while pickpocketing). It’s all plain Jane.
I guess that’s okay. I mean, truthfully, I don’t play games just for Achievements…but I kind of expected a little more flair here given the Vegas setting and all. The names are pretty solid, but the actions to earn them are yawn-worthy. I half-expected some for maybe beating the game without killing anyone or another for strippers.
Fallout: New Vegas is set to release on October 19, 2010, for the PS3, PC, and Xbox 360, and I’ll be honeymooning in Florida, spending my time storming Hogwarts and riding all the non-scary rides. Oh well. The game will have to wait for my grand return.
So…ready to see ’em? Click the linky below to see the full list of Achievements for Fallout: New Vegas.
– New Kid (10 points)
Reach 10th level.
– Up and Comer (20 points)
Reach 20th level.
– The Boss (30 points)
Reach 30th level.
– Ol’ Buddy Ol’ Pal (10 points)
Recruit any companion.
– The Whole Gang’s Here (25 points)
Recruit all companions.
– Crafty (15 points)
Craft 20 items.
– Mod Machine (15 points)
Install 20 weapon mods.
– Walker of the Mojave (10 points)
Discover 50 locations.
– Master of the Mojave (25 points)
Discover 125 locations.
– Globe Trotter (25 points)
Discover all snow globes.
– You Run Barter Town (15 points)
Sell 10,000 caps worth of goods.
– Blast Mastery (15 points)
Cause 10,000 damage with Energy Weapons.
– Love the Bomb (15 points)
Cause 10,000 damage with Explosives.
– Lead Dealer (15 points)
Cause 10,000 damage with Guns.
– No Tumbler Fumbler (15 points)
Pick 25 locks.
– Stim-ply Amazing (15 points)
Heal 10,000 points of damage with Stimpaks.
– New Vegas Samurai (15 points)
Cause 10,000 damage with Melee Weapons.
– Jury Rigger (15 points)
Repair 30 items.
– Hack the Mojave (15 points)
Hack 25 terminals.
– Artful Pocketer (15 points)
Pick 50 pockets.
– Outstanding Orator (15 points)
Make 50 Speech challenges.
– Desert Survivalist (15 points)
Heal 10,000 points of damage with food.
– Old-Tyme Brawler (15 points)
Cause 10,000 damage with Unarmed weapons.
– Know When to Fold Them (10 points)
Win 3 games of Caravan.
– One Armed Bandit (10 points)
Play 10 spins of Slots.
– Little Wheel (10 points)
Play 10 spins of Roulette.
– Double Down (10 points)
Play 10 hands of Blackjack.
– Caravan Master (30 points)
Win 30 games of Caravan.
– The Courier Who Broke the Bank (30 points)
Get banned from all the Strip’s casinos.
– Hardcore (100 points)
Play the game from start to finish in Hardcore Mode.
– Ain’t That a Kick in the Head (10 points)
Complete Ain’t That a Kick in the Head.
– They Went That-a-Way (25 points)
Complete They Went That-a-Way.
– Ring-a-Ding-Ding (25 points)
– The House Always Wins (30 points)
Complete The House Always Wins.
– For the Republic (30 points)
Complete For the Republic.
– Render Unto Caesar (30 points)
Complete Render Unto Caesar.
– Wild Card (30 points)
Complete Wild Card.
– All or Nothing (15 points)
Complete All or Nothing.
– Veni, Vidi, Vici (15 points)
Complete Veni, Vidi, Vici.
– Eureka! (15 points)
– No Gods, No Masters (15 points)
Complete No Gods, No Masters.
– Come Fly With Me (20 points)
Complete Come Fly With Me.
– Talent Pool (20 points)
Complete Talent Pool.
– Return to Sender (20 points)
Complete Return to Sender.
– Arizona Killer (20 points)
Complete Arizona Killer.
– You’ll Know It When It Happens (20 points)
Complete You’ll Know It When It Happens.
– G.I. Blues (20 points)
Complete G.I. Blues.
– That Lucky Old Sun (20 points)
Complete That Lucky Old Sun.
– Volare! (20 points)
– The Legend of the Star (20 points)
Complete The Legend of the Star.